Thanks a lot guys.
Nice to see tons of great works being nominated.
I will definitely nominate the Black Classic 3D Logo – http://videohive.net/item/black-classic-3d-logo/519447 for the Corporate Logo Video Template.
This video really brings the logo out in a more distinct way. Instead of the usual kind of smack in the middle logo opening, it starts with a more closeup angle of the logo. The framing in my opinion is really well thought of. Definitely a file of great quality. I am quite surprise this file isn’t featured though.
Happy New Year Everyone!!! Have a great year ahead.
One major flaws in your design is typography.
1. You are using way too much fonts – I am not saying you can’t use that many fonts in your design. However, it is never easy to find the best balance when you are using so many fonts especially you are not good with typography. Limit your design to the most 3 fonts. Find the best balance in the kerning, tracking, leading, font size and weight. Determine your dominant element and sub-dominate element. Heading font should stands out more than your content font. Your design lacks the right balance. For example, take a look at the testimonial section, the name of the testimonial stands out so much as compared to the header which shouldn’t be the case.
2. Color used – I see a orange stripe on top of your design and I don’t see much orange elements in the rest of your design. I have to repeat this again – Determine your dominant element and sub-dominate element. Choose a color that is dominant and use it well throughout your design. You can use another color to compliment your main color and that will be your sub-dominant color. You dominant color should stands out more.
3. Make everything looks professional – Don’t use stretch image even though it is for display purposes (portfolio). Try to pay attention to minor detail.
4. Background – Use a simple pattern background outside your main container. The current background doesn’t look aesthetically appealing.
Apology for my bad English and above are just my 2 cents. Take it with a pinch of salt.
The reviewer probably wants you to provide 2 EPS – one with editable font and another with outlined font.
I will prefer to see the badge with the texture like your first one.
I like that you added the ball thing to fill up the emptiness. Try make it dynamic. Currently, both looks the same size to me and seems duplicated. Try give them different blur and sizes to depict different depth. You can have 1 clear and the other blur as well.
You need to work on your typography. Currently, you are using too many different fonts. Compare ‘monday’, ‘12.24.2012’, ‘presented by: your sponsor’ and ‘party’. All of them are different fonts and it creates a distraction. There isn’t a dominant font throughout and it seems that everyone of them are fighting for attention. In a good design, you need to have a dominant and sub-dominant elements. Dominant element are the main focus while the sub-dominant compliments the main. I will suggest using only 2 different fonts throughout the design. Use 3 if you are confidence with what you are doing.
All the best.
PS: Sorry for my bad english.
I think you need a lot of work for this one before it can get approved(Sorry for being blunt). Try looking at the flyers around here and see their standard. I will try give some advices that might help:
1. Currently everything looks very flat even for the main text that has the layer style applied. Try giving it more depth. A lot of the flyers here has it. Try see how they do it. Look up some layer style tutorial online that uses depth.
2. Your design is somehow out of the box with its composition and layout. That is good but until it carries a sense of balance, your design will look out of place and not aesthetically pleasing. Hence, the easy way out is to keep everything centralize. You can never go wrong with that.
3. I will say if you are designing a portion for the buyer to place the photo. Put the photo in so that they have a sense of how it looks. Don’t put the word ‘photo’ there.
4. I am never a fan of warped text especially in a 2D design. Most of the time, it never looks good because it creates an imbalance to the design. I will say do away with that. Keep your text as it is.
In short, look at other flyers here and analyze them. Understand why they look good and you can learn from there. All the best.
PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Some photo manipulation I did.
Details at http://glenngoh.deviantart.com/art/The-Last-Day-331993932
Text at the bottom should be align to the center. Text above the social media icons are currently aligned slightly to the right. The last social media icon is also aligned to the right. Spacing between the 3 different social media aren’t consistent.
The words ‘The Dance Off’ needs more work. Also try pushing it down to give spacing on top of it. Now it’s too close to the edge.
The blue and green gradation doesn’t blend very well giving the feeling that they are being forced together. Try choosing some other colors that can contrast better.
All the best.